Okay, I have to confess, I missed the 9th-11th innings of this game because I was eating Easter dinner with my mom and Aunt but I did leave the table a couple of times to see what was happening and I finished my plate just as the 12th inning was getting interesting.
In case you missed it, that was when the good stuff happened for the Yankees.
And it went a little something like this:
- Heath Bell walks Yangervis Solarte.
- Joe Maddon walks out to the mound to replace Bell with C. J. Riefenhauser while wearing his three quarter sleeved Rays hoodie and hipster glasses. He’s so cool and so hip! Yawn.
- Brett Gardner grounds into a force out and Solarte is out at second.
- Brian Roberts lines out to short for the second out.
- Brian McCann singles to center and Gardner advances to 3rd.
- After a visit to the mound, the Rays decide to intentionally walk Jacoby Ellsbury to load the bases because surely the better matchup in this situation would be Dean Anna, right?