- 6am-ish: wake-up, still groggy from the Bon Jovi concert the night before
- 12:30pm: leave the office, head to the Bronx
- 1:20pm: pay my $30 to park at the Stadium
- 1:30pm: tip the parking guy $10 to get a prime parking spot for a quick getaway
- 1:45pm: Get on 4 train back to NYC. Train was clean, air-conditioned and nothing like you have read/heard about. My brother was at the parade, getting a few pics.
- 2:30pm: Meet my brother at his company’s hospitality gathering. Tasty beef-on-a-stick. Got to meet Gaylord Perry, Fergie Jenkins, George Foster, Mitch Williams and Jim Bouton. All autographed an all-star game ball, which looks great.
- 4:30pm: Get on 4 train to head back to the Bronx. Same experience, everyone was friendly, happy to be on the “Iron Horse”. A/C was working, which was nice, too.
- 5:00-6:30pm: Walking around the outside of the Stadium, oogling the new Stadium. The freaks were out, too.
My boys and Erin (they’ll thank me later. Also, that’s a 2003 National League All Star jersey, #5 Pujols)
From the Thurman Munson auction:
UPDATE: We met reporter Willie Bans from MLB.com while we were having our own baseball cards made up (my name on the card: Pudge McBadknees, catcher #15) and he was kind enough to include us in his article:
Meanwhile, Jake, 8, and Zach, 5, posed in Yankees jerseys for photos to be placed on their own baseball cards.