Alfredo Aceves Rebounds Alfredo Aceves was a real standout in the Mexican League, and took less than a full season in the minors to make the big leagues. It isn’t all that uncommon for an experienced pitcher to rocket through several layers of the minor leagues in a small period of time. It is also [...]
Selena Roberts may have been a columnist for the NY Times and ostensibly only writing her “opinion” about the Duke lacrosse team but being a columnist doesn’t excuse you from having to get your facts right. In 2006, as the story broke, she wrote, “But why is it so hard to gather the facts? Why [...]
Normally, a rehabbing player going 1 for 6 in an intrasquad game would not be news, or even remotely interesting. However, with the craptastic production that the Yankees have been getting from the 3rd base position (batting average south of .200, no home runs, mediocre defense), the Yankees need Alex Rodriguez back as soon as [...]
Severance ipod Tonight’s game against the Angels marks the return of Bobby Abreu to the Bronx, as he makes his first appearance in NY since the final home game against the O’s last September. Most Yankees fans that I speak to do not seem to have strong feelings about Bobby in either direction. They weren’t [...]
By now, due to my late start, you’ve heard everything about the new ARod allegations. It’s ugly, no matter if it’s true or not. Some of the lowlights:
- Alex Rodriguez may have bulked up with steroids as early as high school – and was suspected of juicing while playing for the Yankees
- …fellow Bombers nicknamed the third baseman “B—h T–s” in 2005.
- …an unnamed major-leaguer is quoted as saying Rodriguez and steroid-tainted pitcher Kevin Brown were seen together with human growth hormone – HGH – in 2004
- …Rodriguez’s long relationship with Angel Presinal, a Dominican trainer banned from clubhouses after a steroid incident in 2001
- Jose Canseco, an ex-teammate and friend of Rodriguez who accused him of steroid abuse even before last year, believes A-Rod was on ‘roids in pinstripes.
“I absolutely think Alex is using HGH,” he said. “Probably a combination of growth and steroids.“
Canseco said he believes Rodriguez’s steroid use goes back to his teens, when he was a high school standout in Miami.
“Was he on steroids in high school?” he said. “I think probably so. I worked out with him when he was 18. He could lift almost as much as I could.”
- Rodriguez put on 25 pounds of muscle between his sophomore and junior years, and word was that his connection was a dog kennel owner.
- The 255-page book also chronicles A-Rod’s off-the-field escapades: his poker habit; his divorce from his wife, Cynthia; the relationship with Madonna, and dalliances with out-of-town floozies.
- He was even hated at Hooters, where he tipped the minimum 15%
OK, the nickname is absolutely hilarious, in a mocking way of a teammate. From A-Fraud to B*tch T*ts… incredible that he continued to act the same way. Way to miss the hints!
Just think: Another 8+ years of ARod fun.
Hank shoulda let him walk when he had the chance.
If you want a really solid view of this, particularly regarding Selena Roberts, click here for Shysterball’s take.
A visit to the dentist has thrown my morning into the blender. I’ll be back later….
From George King: Considering Mariano Rivera has given up three, three, three, two, three, four and four homers in the past three seasons, the sight of him surrendering dingers in two straight appearances was unnerving. While it certainly was a bit unnerving, it is important to note that we go through this every season. Mo [...]
Joba Chamberlain answered Phil Hughes’ gem with a virtuoso performance of his own, going 7 innings and allowing just one run on 3 hits and 3 walks while striking out 6. His last four innings in particular looked a lot like what we had come to expect from Joba in the past. There were two [...]
Scranton defeats Lehigh Valley, 7-0 Alfredo Aceves got the start, and the Mexican Gangster was just that, giving up just 3 hits and a walk in 8 scoreless, and striking out 6. Steven Jackson, recently demoted from the bigs, gave up 2 hits in a scoreless inning of work. Shelley Duncan was 1 for 3 [...]