Scranton shuts out Rochester, 5-0 (7 innings, game 1)
- Ivan Nova was great in his AAA debut, giving up just 1 hit (a liner off SS Justin Bernier’s glove) and 3 walks in 5 2/3 shutout innings. The talented 22 year-old seems to have figured things out this season, and he could be a September callup if he keeps this up. Chad Jennings writes that Nova was sitting 93-94 with his fastball, which is a great sign.
- Jonathan Albaladejo gave up a hit in 1 1/3 innings, with 1 strikeout.
- Kevin Russo and Chris Stewart were 1 for 3.
- Austin Jackson and Colin Curtis were 1 for 3 with a double.
- Shelley Duncan was 2 for 3.
- Juan Miranda was 1 for 2.
- Eric Duncan was 1 for 3 with a 3-run homer.
Scranton stifles Rochester, 3-1 (game 2, 7 innings)
- Romulo Sanchez started, and struck out 6 in 3 1/3 innings of 4-hit ball.
- Paul Bush walked 2 in 2 2/3 hitless innings, and fanned 2.