Scranton blanks Toledo, 4-0
- Zach Kroenke started, giving up 4 hits and a walk in 4 shutout innings, and striking out 4. He also picked off 2 runners, helping his cause. Kroenke has an 0.94 ERA through 47 2/3 innings this season.
- Eric Wordekemper got the win, giving up a hit and fanning 2 in 4 scoreless.
- Kevin Whelan gave up a hit in 1 shutout inning.
- Kevin Russo was 3 for 4 with 3 doubles.
- Ramiro Pena was 2 for 3 with 2 doubles.
- Austin Jackson was 2 for 5 with a double.
- Shelley Duncan was 1 for 3 with 2 walks.
- Juan Miranda was 0 for 4.
- Yurrell de Caster and Colin Curtis were 1 for 4.
Trenton falls to Harrisburg, 9-1
- Ryan Pope got roughed up, giving up 9 runs (8 earned) on 12 hits and 2 walks in 5 1/3 innings.
- Kanekoa Texeira gave up 2 hits and a walk in 2 2/3 innings, and struck out 2.
- Wilkins Arias struck out the side in a perfect inning of relief.
- Reegie Corona was 1 for 3.
- Eduardo Nunez was 1 for 4.
- Jesus Montero was 0 for 4, dropping his average in AA to .301. He also had his 7th passed ball, something he needs to cut down on.
- Chris Malec was 2 for 4.
- Edwar Gonzalez and James Cooper were both 1 for 3.
Tampa shuts down Charlotte, 9-0
- Lance Pendleton continued his strong pitching, giving up 5 hits and a walk in 7 shutout innings, and striking out 4.
- Dan Brewer was 1 for 4.
- Luis Nunez was 1 for 5 with a double.
- Austin Romine was 1 for 3 with a triple and a walk.
- Damon Sublett was 2 for 4 with a walk.
- Brandon Laird and Walter Ibarra were 1 for 5.
- Kevin Smith was 3 for 5 with a double and his 6th homer.
- David Adams was 1 for 4 with a homer and a walk.
- Jack Rye was 2 for 4 with a walk.
Charleston gets no-hit by West Virginia, 4-0
- Hunter Strickland and Diego Moreno combined to no-hit the Riverdogs. The only blemishes were an error and a HBP.
- Trenton Lare, recently promoted from Staten Island, put together a good debut start. In 6 2/3 innings, Lare gave up 3 runs (2 earned) on 3 hits and 2 walks, with 8 strikeouts.
Staten Island falls to Hudson Valley, 5-3
- Adam Warren started for the Yankees, giving up 4 hits in 5 shutout innings, and striking out 5. Warren also maintained a 7-2 GO-AO ratio, and his ERA on the season sits at an even 1.00.
- Jimmy Paredes was 0 for 4.
- Zoilo Almonte was 2 for 4 with a double, and was caught stealing.
- Neil Medchill was 0 for 2 with 2 walks and a steal.
- Kyle Higashioka was 0 for 4 with 3 strikeouts.
- DeAngelo Mack was 2 for 4 with 2 doubles.
- Luke Murton was 2 for 3.
- Carmen Angelini was 0 for 4.
The GCL Yankees were postponed
Sorry for my lack of posts over the past few days, I was out of town.