- Shenanigans with the concrete at Yankee Stadium
- And more about that concrete can be found here
- Someone thinks the Yanks should walk away from Jeter if he’s only about the money. Here’s hoping neither happens
- Don Hooton and the Taylor Hooton Foundation strike deal with owner of BuySteroids.com
- Talk about swinging an “axe”! And if Buhner likes it, count me in… unless it splinters worse than the maple bats!
- Edwar Ramirez DFA’d. I wish he could control his pitches ‘cuz his K-rate was just so good. Alas, he’ll find a home somewhere soon, no doubt
- Out of my cold dead hands. We discussed him a bit on Thursday, too!
- Which might be sooner than later if this guy can improve his defense
- ARod’s off-season is so different than last year, ain’t it? I mean, this happens and not even a whisper. Of course, there will probably be a lawsuit for whiplash, but no media backlash.
- Lotsa hype for the Yanks’ second baseman this Spring.
[image title="PH2010022803182" size="full" id="15488" align="center" linkto="full" ]
Sports are a big part of my life. I’m not athletic – I was my pitch-to-yourself softball team’s catcher, and the only sport that I’ve ever been reasonably good at is ultimate frisbee. But between the hockey and baseball seasons, I don’t spend a whole lot of time during...
Longtime readers know that one of my pet peaves is the arbitrary designation of how good a starting pitcher is. People like to classify guys as “#1 starter”, “#3 starter” etc. Its not an uncommon way to classify players in sports – because its fairly intuitive. I’ve been involved in a lot of debates about...
When asked about possibly playing another position in the future, Montero was vague: “I don’t know. Maybe...
In an interview with WEEI, while discussing left field for his ballclub in 2010 and stressing the importance of defense at that position, Red Sox architect, Theo Epstein, inadvertently made the case for starting Brett Gardner in left field for the Yankees as well. And, though it pains me...