In the last few weeks, the Yankees have been connected to a lot of outfielders. They signed one, Randy Winn, to a Major League deal and he will be the team’s fourth outfielder. Right now, Rule V Draft pick Jamie Hoffmann is the fifth outfielder the Yankees are going to give him at least Spring...
Steve already covered the whole Joba to the bullpen debate this morning, so I am not going to rehash it. However, there was one portion of Joel Sherman’s article from this morning that needed to be addressed:
Because aren’t the 2010 Yanks much better if both Joba and Hughes are in the bullpen? Think...
[image title="derek-jeter" size="full" id="14637" align="center" linkto="full" ]
Yes, the word Yankee is all caps on purpose. You see, this morning two brothers posted a guest article over at Lohud suggesting that Derek Jeter is the greatest Yankee of all time. They were soundly ripped in the comments, as most of the commenters rightly noted...
- Ban maple bats until there’s a shatter-proof solution
- Ban pitchers and hitters from walking around the plate/mound for interminably long time
- Ban the umpire’s warning pitchers for merely throwing inside
- Ban mound visits by ballplayers/catchers after the second visit
- Ban the 4-pitch intentional walk. Just have the catcher signal to the ump and give the guy the base
- Ban playoff games starting after 8pm EST
- Ban pink hats, or green hats. Or red hats if your team’s colors aren’t red. Or hats that cost $59.95 and are now outdated.
- Ban restrictions that prohibits fans from moving to better seats after the fifth inning
- Ban non-retractible roofed stadiums
- Ban the WBC
- Ban the use of the ancient recording of Kate Smith singing the National Anthem; update that, will ya?
- Ban that insipid PC Richard whistle after every K
What else would you like to ban from baseball?
Just a few days ago, January 29th, our own Moshe Mandel pulled a Fire Joe Morgan on Mike Lupica due to Lupica’s hypocrisy regarding the Yankees and their spending. Well, Lupica threw out another silly piece on Sunday the 31st. The title? “New York Yankees and…Johnny Damon still have time to make a deal.”...