- Eric Chavez was officially resigned tonight. The major league deal is worth $900,000, but in order to make room on the 25-man roster, the team will likely move Pedro Feliciano to the 60-day DL.
- News from camp has Russell Martin talking about his offseason training. He vowed to be the “fittest Yankee” and was quoted saying,
“If there’s any guys in more shape than me, I’d be surprised. If there are, I’d be happy, because I’m coming ready this year.”
- Mike Axisa wrote about the upcoming free agent market and how the Yankees can avoid some very high priced contracts if they extend Martin now.
- Mike Mazzeo of ESPN New York collected a few quotes from A.J. Burnett following his trade to Pittsburgh. Burnett appears far from bitter, and astonishingly understanding about the situation. His pitching might not have stood up to take the New York market, but his personality did.
- Finally, for more information on today’s workouts in Tampa, Chad Jennings again summarizes the schedule from camp.