- Brien Jackson at It’s About The Money wonders how long Joe Girardi will put Alex Rodriguez at the top of the order. Brad took a good look at the situation on Friday as well, and I agree that time will tell. Tonight is probably his best chance for a big game this series, the sample size isn’t huge, but he’s 2 for 7 off the lefty Wei-Yin Chen with a HR and a walk.
- FanGraph’s Carson Cistulli wants to know who the underdog is in the Yankees/Orioles ALDS series. After last night’s game, I think the underdog is pretty obvious.
- It would appear that Andy Pettitte is going to return in 2013, at least he thinks so. Mark Hale from the New York Post got a few words from him, and the southpaw talks about the need and desire to compete next season.
- Baseball America released their top 20 Florida State League prospects. The Yankees landed 4 players on the list, Tyler Austin (8), Gary Sanchez (9), Slade Heathcott (17), and Nik Turley (18). Not so bad considering they had none last season.
- Finally, we have James Gentile’s explanation of why we should start using K/PA and BB/PA over K/9 and BB/9. He points out that using K/9 in certain years, you might actually think that Norm Charlton is better than Mariano Rivera. I highly recommend this read it you like your advanced statistics.
For now, we have the Nationals playing the Cardinals in Game 2 on TBS at 4:30 PM EST. I usually like rooting for the underdog in these games, but the way Bud Selig and co. have set up these playoffs schedules, I find myself rooting for the higher seeds.