As you know, Yankee uniform numbers are very serious business and that certain numbers are treasured by fans. So when the news from camp is all about who’s wearing what number, I feel we should report it…
Oh, I’m joking, it’s not that important but since we’re lacking any serious news – for now – I figured I’d let everyone know what’s happening down in Tampa.
This information is from Mark Feinsand of the Daily News and his tweets:
- Travis Hafner takes over Nick Swisher‘s spring locker as well as his uniform No. 33.
- With Rafael Soriano gone, Francisco Cervelli reclaims his No. 29.
- David Phelps has changed his number to 35. He reminds me of a young Mussina, so it makes sense.
- Michael Pineda, formerly No. 35, will now wear 43.
- More uni numbers: David Aardsma 34, Matt Diaz 22, Dan Johnson 27, Juan Rivera 54.
I know, I forgot that the Yankees had some of these guys too.
And for some locker news, again from Mr. Feinsand:
- Correction: Kevin Youkilis is in Swisher’s corner locker. Hafner is next to him in Eric Chavez‘s old spot.
For right now, the news is mostly about things like this or it’s about CC Sabathia‘s weight loss. He told reporters he’s down to 290 lb. and that he cut Capn Crunch from his diet, again. Also, Austin Romine let everyone know that his back is feeling “absolutely fantastic,” and that he would like to win the starting catching job and avoid going back down to Triple A.
Stay tuned for updates throughout the day. We’ll be manning the Twitters and relaying as much news to you as humanly possible.