There’s really not a lot going on today. Yesterday’s big news was Brian Cashman breaking his leg and dislocating his ankle. And today’s big news? All of the jokes about the Yankees being so old that even their GM is on the DL. Or the stuff written about how Cashman crashing to ground is a symbol of what’s to come for the club itself in 2013.
Anyway, here are some links for you to read:
- Dave D’Allesandro of the Star-Ledger spent a week in camp and believes the Yankees are in trouble. He says they won’t hit. Okay, guys, let’s just forfeit the 2013 season because the Yankees are clearly doomed.
- And even though I mentioned it above, here are more links about Cashman’s crash landing.
- Derek Jeter is not worried about the Yankees power outage. He thinks they can win with small ball.
- Tanya Bondurant over at the Pinstriped Bible has learned to stop worrying about steroids and love baseball anyway. Hey, me too!
- Chad Jennings posted some video of Tony Pena‘s catching drills over on the Lohud Yankees Blog.
The Yankees aren’t scheduled to play until 7:05 p.m. tonight which after an off-day seems pretty obnoxious. They’re playing the Atlanta Braves in Steinbrenner Field.
In case you missed it, both Brien Jackson and Brad Vietrogoski had pieces that ran this morning on IIATMS. Be sure to read them and make sure you come back and read the stuff we have lined up for the rest of the day. I promise, you won’t regret it.