Good afternoon! It’s March 28, 2012 and we are only three days away from the official start of the season. Hooray!
Today, the Yankees are taking on the Pittsburgh Pirates in Tampa and according to Bryan Hoch, two former teammates, Russell Martin and A.J. Burnett were heading over to the Yankees’ weight room to say hi to their old friends.
The game is not on TV, unfortunately (at least not according to my FiOS guide).
It’s the last game in Tampa because tomorrow, the Yankees will be in Washington D.C. to take on the Nationals in an exhibition game at Nationals Park and on Saturday will be playing the West Point Black Knights.
Some links for you to take a gander at:
- Jay Jaffe of SI.com writes about the 20 ways he thinks could improve baseball right now.
- Will Carroll of Bleacher Report writes about the seven safest pitchers you could pick for Fantasy Baseball. Yo, Will, I could have used this last night!
- Andy McCullough of the Star-Ledger writes about the tough decisions the Yankees have to make regarding the bullpen.
- Hey! Did you hear the joke about the 2013 Yankees being good in 2006? It’s true and Dan Barbarisi of the Wall Street Journal has that story.
- Mason Stark of Pinstriped Bible wants you to stop linking everyone with PEDs, please.
- Will Leitch of New York Magazine previews the 2013 Yankees.
- According to Forbes, the Yankees are worth $2.3B.
And in the IIATMS in case you missed it category:
- Brad wrote about Juan Rivera and Lyle Overbay.
- Tamar previewed the Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders.
- Matt previewed the AL East Division
Coming up later:
- Matt previews the NL East at 2:30 p.m.