Well, look at this:
“Secaucus, N.J., October 1, 2013 – Eighteen-year MLB veteran Raul Ibanez, Baltimore Orioles outfielder Adam Jones, New York Yankees first baseman Mark Teixeira, Toronto Blue Jays infielder Mark DeRosa and longtime Chicago White Sox broadcaster Ken “Hawk” Harrelson will serve as Postseason guest studio analysts on MLB Network during the month of October. MLB Network’s 165 hours of programming covering the 2013 Postseason includes MLB Network’s two exclusive LDS game telecasts this Friday, October 4, with Bob Costas, Jim Kaat and Sam Ryan on the call, and on Monday, October 7, with Matt Vasgersian, Kaat and Ryan.
· Harrelson, a candidate for the National Baseball Hall of Fame’s 2014 Ford C. Frick Award, will be the first guest analyst to visit Studio 3, with a two-night stint on MLB Network’s Emmy Award-winning MLB Tonight starting this Friday, October 4.
· Jones, who appeared in the Postseason for the first time in 2012 with the Orioles, will make his guest analyst debut on MLB Tonight during the LDS on October 6 and 7.
· Teixeira, a 2009 World Series champion with the Yankees, will appear on MLB Tonight on October 8 and 9.
· DeRosa, who was a member of the 2010 World Champion Giants and appeared as a Postseason guest analyst on MLB Network in 2011, will join MLB Tonight on October 10 and 11.
· Ibanez, who has made five Postseason appearances over his career including a trip to the World Series in 2009 with the Philadelphia Phillies, will work as a guest analyst during the League Championship Series on October 15 and 16.”
Good for Teixeira. At least he’s doing something this postseason although it makes me wonder who else MLB Network reached out to.