Good evening and welcome to tonight’s open thread.
You can discuss whatever you’d like in the comments or you can peruse some of the links provided below and discuss them instead. It’s your call. As usual, we expect you to respect your fellow readers and play nicely.
- It seems everyone and their mother wants Masahiro Tanaka and that includes the Yankees.
- Hey, guess what? A-Rod may consider taking a 65-game suspension!
- Report: Marlins President to appear on Survivor. The jokes just write themselves with that one.
- Jayson Nix, a ballplayer, has signed a minor league deal with the Rays. How much do you want to bet he’ll make the team and kill the Yankees every time he faces them?
- Oops: Justin Verlander hurt himself in an offseason workout and had to have surgery to repair the damage. He should be fine soon.
- After a second arrest for reckless driving, Yasel Puig has hired his cousin to be his driver. Maybe Billy Joel should do the same?
- This isn’t a link but the Yankees’ pitchers and catchers will report to camp on 2/14/14 and the team will be playing Florida State University on 2/25/14 in their first Spring Training game.
- Jason Cohen over at Pinstripe Alley took a look at Eduardo Nunez’s numbers to see if can be A-Rod’s backup plan at third.
- According to the Pirates’ pitching coach Ray Searage, it looks like former Yankee A.J. Burnett is leaning toward retirement.
And in case you missed it:
- EJ, Matt, Domenic and Joe recorded a podcast last night. Be sure to take a listen.