Good afternoon everyone,
It’s Saturday, it’s the first day of February and here are some stories for you to peruse this afternoon in case you are staying home and relaxing.
Yesterday on this site:
- Michael Eder wrote about a trade for Lonnie Chisenhall
- Brad Vietrogoski wrote about Ichiro and what to expect from him in 2014.
- Senator Chuck Schumer is helping Masahiro Tanaka get his work visa. Hey Mr. Schumer, can you help me get a passport? Thanks.
- Derek Levandowski who covered the Durham Bulls, pinch hit on the Lohud Yankees blog yesterday and wrote about David Robertson. Levandowski asks, “Should Robertson be the closer or should the Yankees look elsewhere?”
- In case you missed it yesterday, Eno Sarris wrote a great piece on the Hardball Times about what it takes to be a beat writer. I found the piece fascinating and slightly exhausting. I could never live that life. Kudos to those who do it.
- The Blue Jays may be interested in reuniting with A.J. Burnett.
- This isn’t Yankees or baseball related but I thought it was slightly amusing: ESPN Anchor Linda Cohn takes direct shot at Michelle Beadle. Ladies, can’t we all just get along?
- And in news that isn’t even sports related: Green Day’s album “Dookie” is celebrating its 20th birthday today. Congratulations, we’re all old.
There are only 13 days until pitchers and catchers report.
Have a good day!