Welcome to the open thread.
If you missed the news earlier, the Yankees sent out a press release detailing all of the new food and drink options that will be available this season at the Stadium. To celebrate, I thought it would be fun if I went through the release, picked it apart, possibly made fun of it and then you guys could leave comments about what you like, what you can’t wait to try and what you’ll avoid like the plague! Or you can talk about anything else that’s one your mind today. Perhaps you want to talk about poor Preston Claiborne’s outing – 0 outs recorded and six runs given up to Toronto. Or maybe you want to talk about Jacoby Ellsbury’s 1-4 day with the Minor Leaguers. And don’t worry, he was running without any issues.
MARCH 26, 2014
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
YANKEES TO INTRODUCE NEW AMENITIES AND FOOD OPTIONS AT YANKEE STADIUM IN 2014; DINING OPTIONS AND FAN-FRIENDLY PROGRAMS ANNOUNCED
The New York Yankees announced today that they will offer guests numerous new amenities, seating and food options in 2014 as part of the club’s efforts to continually improve the fan experience at Yankee Stadium.
Fans are encouraged to visit http://www.yankees.com for more information on what Yankee Stadium has to offer.
NEW AND RENOVATED STADIUM LOCATIONS IN 2014 will include:
· Field MVP Outdoor Suite Boxes: The Yankees are proud to introduce a new concept in professional baseball seating. The 10 open-air suite boxes are located on the Field Level concourse and can accommodate between six and eight guests per suite. Catered food and staff service are provided in these suites, which are available on a full-season basis.
· Field MVP Club Lounge: Full-season ticket licensees in Sections 116 through 124 (Rows 12-21) will have access to this newly constructed lounge, which is located on the Field Level concourse. With a 45-foot bar and a full menu, this space will open each game at the same time that Stadium gates are opened to fans.
Aw, the rich people will have more seating! Good for them. They’ve been overlooked for way too long at the new place.
· Yankee Stadium Home Plate Team Store: Located on the Field Level behind home plate, this store, which is the largest apparel and merchandise location in the Stadium, has been completely renovated to provide additional checkout locations and display areas and an improved shopping experience.
· Tommy Bahama Marlin Bar: Located outside the Delta SKY360° Suite in between the 100 and 200 Levels, this space has been redesigned to incorporate couches and lounge seating for the enjoyment of all fans. New specialty drinks, including a classic citrus mojito, hibiscus lime cooler and baja margarita, have been added to the menu.
· Jim Beam Suite Lounge: One of the Stadium’s most popular locations has been renovated with an updated interior and improved food offerings, including Red Stag Glazed BBQ Wings. Guests who don’t want to miss any on-field action may purchase made-to-order, 3-minute pizzas. Located on the 300 Level, guests with Jim Beam Suite Lounge tickets may access this location.
Fans interested in learning more about the locations above can call the Yankees Premium Sales and Service Department at (718) 508-3955, e-mail email@example.com or visit http://www.yankees.com/premium. Fans may also call 212-YANKEES — [212-926-5337].
Oh good, more $15-20 drink options at the Tommy Bahama bar!
NEW FOOD AND DRINK ITEMS AT YANKEE STADIUM IN 2014 will include:
· Chicken and Waffles Cart located in the Great Hall at Gate 6.
· Tacos and Empanadas Cart located at Section 321.
· Sweetfrog Frozen Yogurt Stand located at Section 224.
· Papa John’s Pizza is now a proud sponsor of the Yankees, with locations on all levels of Yankee Stadium.
Ugh, Papa John’s? I’d rather eat cardboard with tomato paste on it.
· Build Your Own Nachos, including the “Nacho Helmet” is available at Wholly Guacamole portable stands on the 200 and 300 Levels and in the Bleachers. Fans may pick their toppings in a regular-sized order of nachos or have an official plastic replica Yankees helmet filled with 12 ounces of nacho chips with their choice of toppings added.
· Unlimited Popcorn Bucket allows fans all the popcorn they care to eat for $12 in a souvenir bucket. Sold in various locations throughout the Stadium.
· Bacon Cheddar Stuffed Burger and Coconut Rum Glazed BBQ Smoked Ribs will be available at the Malibu Rooftop Deck on the 300 Level in right field. This area is open to all fans.
Wait, the Bacon Cheddar stuffed burger and Coconut Rum Glazed BBQ Smoked Ribs will be available to all fans? That is something I can get into.
· Fresh-Cut Fries features a platter full of fried potatoes, cut-and-fried as you order.
· Made-to-Order, 3-Minute Pizzas will feature five different toppings. They will be available in the Jim Beam Suite Lounge and Delta SKY360° Suite.
· Red Stag Glazed BBQ Wings will be available at the Jim Beam Suite Lounge.
· Specialty Drinks Menu has been added to the Tommy Bahama Marlin Bar, which is located in between the 100 and 200 Levels near the home plate team store. Drinks will include a classic citrus mojito, hibiscus lime cooler and baja margarita.
How much will those drinks be? $30? $40?
DINING AND DRINKING LOCATIONS AT YANKEE STADIUM IN 2014 include*:
· NYY Steak Yankee Stadium, located at Gate 6, offers an upscale dining experience, including dry-aged USDA prime steaks, fresh seafood and an impressive collection of premium wines. Reservations are strongly suggested. Please call (646) 977-8325.
· Mohegan Sun Sports Bar is located behind the glass of the center field batter’s eye. Sandwiches and drinks are available in an indoor setting that provides one of the most unique vantage points in sports (Requires Mohegan Sun ticket or club membership).
· Malibu Rooftop Deck, located adjacent to Section 310, features a view of the Manhattan skyline and offers a fun setting for individuals or groups to socialize and eat before the game. Malibu Rooftop Deck tickets includes all-you-care-to-eat baseball fare and non-alcoholic drinks for 90 minutes, ending 30 minutes prior to the scheduled first pitch. Beginning 30 minutes prior to first pitch, all fans may purchase a la carte items at this location.
· Tommy Bahama Marlin Bar, located in between the 100 and 200 Levels adjacent to the escalators by the Home Plate Team Store, features a revamped drinks menu and lounge seating with a view of the site of the original Yankee Stadium.
· Field MVP Club Lounge, located on the 100 Level by Gate 4, has a 45-foot bar and a gourmet pub menu (Requires a full-season ticket license in Sections 116 through 124 in Rows 12-21 or a Field MVP Outdoor Suite Box ticket).
· Peeps Mini Picnic Area is a popular area for group events and is located at Gate 2.
· Legends Suite Club offers the Stadium’s premier dining experience. Located at Gate 4, this space can be accessed only by Legends Suite ticket holders.
· Delta SKY360° Suite is located at Sections 218A through 222. This expansive lounge is climate-controlled with gourmet food, an outdoor patio and breathtaking views of the field. (Requires a Delta SKY360° Suite ticket).
· Jim Beam Suite Lounge is located on the 300 Level behind home plate and features delicious pub food in an indoor setting (requires Jim Beam Suite ticket).
· Audi Club, located on the SAP Suite Level in left field, features a cocktail bar, dining lounge and a sweeping view of the field (Requires Audi Club ticket or club membership).
· DKNY Lounge and Ketel One Lounge are located at Section 27 and Section 11, respectively. They offer unlimited gourmet grab-and-go baseball fare for Legends and Champions Suite ticket holders only.
· Hard Rock Cafe is located at Gate 6 and open to fans year-round. Reservations can be made at (646) 977-8888.
*(Please note that with the exception of the Hard Rock Cafe Yankee Stadium, entry to all dining locations requires a valid ticket for that day’s game.)
Okay, so I don’t think any of that has changed.
MASTERCARD BENEFITS IN YANKEE STADIUM IN 2014 (benefits below are available only when using your MasterCard):
· MasterCard Deal of the Game: Daily discounts on select concessions and/or merchandise will be announced prior to and during each home game on the centerfield video board.
· $60 for $50: Buy a $50 Legends Hospitality merchandise gift card (for use at all Yankee Stadium merchandise stores and portable stands) and have $10 added compliments of MasterCard.
· MasterCard Family Meal Deal: Receive a free liter of a Pepsi product with the purchase of a value bucket of sandwiches and fries at select concessions stands in the Stadium. New to this option in 2014 is the pulled pork or pulled chicken Sliders & Fries Bucket.
· MasterCard Meal Combo: Save money by purchasing a Combo Meal instead of a la carte items at select concessions stands throughout the Stadium.
· MasterCard Preferred Pricing: Save up to $15 off each ticket when purchasing select 2014 regular season individual game tickets.
· MasterCard Mondays: Every Monday during the 2014 regular season, all yankees.com subscribers will receive a newsletter with ticket discounts compliments of MasterCard.
· MasterCard $5 Games: Select 2014 regular season individual game tickets in eligible areas of the Terrace, Grandstand and Bleachers will be available for $5 per ticket, subject to availability. (At present, dates include: April 9 vs. Baltimore, April 29 vs. Seattle, April 30 vs. Seattle, May 1 vs. Seattle, June 3 vs. Oakland and June 17 vs. Toronto).
· MasterCard Half-Price Games: Select 2014 regular season individual game tickets in eligible areas of the Terrace, Grandstand and Bleachers will be available for 50 percent off their game-day price, subject to availability. (At present, dates include June 4 vs. Oakland, July 24 vs. Texas, August 7 vs. Detroit, August 21 vs. Houston and September 24 vs. Baltimore.)
· MasterCard TBA Games: For select games with a start time of TBA during the 2014 season, fans can purchase tickets in select areas at up to 25 percent savings. Tickets for MasterCard TBA Games must be purchased in advance of the official game time announcement for the game. (At present, dates include: June 29 vs. Boston, August 10 vs. Cleveland and August 24 vs. Chicago-AL.)
For a complete list of ticket specials, including game dates, seating locations, and terms and conditions, fans should visit http://www.yankees.com/ticketspecials. Fans with questions may call 212-YANKEES — [212-926-5337] — or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that all ticket specials are subject to availability.
This is when having a Visa card is bad. Damn it Visa, why can’t you sponsor the Yankees?
CONCESSION OPTIONS AVAILABLE TO ALL FANS AT YANKEE STADIUM IN 2014 include:
o Bazzini Nuts (Great Hall at Gate 6)
o Boar’s Head Sandwiches (Sects. 113, 221B)
o Brother Jimmy’s BBQ (Sects. 133, 201, 214, 320A)
o Carl’s Steaks, featuring cheesesteaks (Sects. 107, 223, 311)
o Cocktails (Sects. 110, 126, 206, 323)
o Dippin’ Dots (Sects. 125, 228, 323)
o Farmers Market presented by Melissa’s (Sect. 121B)
o Fresh-Cut Fries (Sect. 127)
o Garlic Fries (Sects. 108, 206, 331)
o Hebrew National hot dogs (Great Hall at Gate 6 and Sects. 107, 129, 202, 204, 214B, 236, 312, 329)
o Highlanders Baseball Fare, including hot dogs, pretzels and Pepsi products (Sects. 111, 233A, 305, 311, 318, 325 and Bleachers)
o Johnny Rockets (Sects. 132, 212, 326 and Bleachers)
o Kosher Options (Sects. 110, 214, 229, 322, Sunday through Friday afternoon only)
o Lemonade, fresh-squeezed (Sects. 117B, 124, 215, 227A, 317, 324)
o Lobel’s of New York, feat. gourmet steak sandwiches (Sects. 134, 321)
o NY Grill, featuring Nathan’s Hot Dogs and Premio Sausages (Sects. 121B, 211, 221B, 227B, 230, 308, 318, 321, 334)
o NY Grill Gluten Free, featuring items above plus Udi’s Gluten Free Hot Dog Buns (Great Hall at Gate 6)
o NYY Steak Express, feat. USDA prime steak sandwiches (Sect. 109)
o Nathan’s Famous Hot Dogs (Sects. 127A, 225, 313)
o Noodle Bowl, featuring Asian noodle dishes (Sect. 127B)
o Otis Spunkmeyer cookies (Sects. 125, 233 and Bleachers)
o Papa John’s pizza (Sects. 125, 212, 309 and Bleachers)
o Parm, featuring hot Italian sandwiches (Sect. 104)
o Premio Sausage (Sects. 217, 320A)
o Popcorn (Great Hall & Sects. 107, 130, 202, 210, 229, 307, 327)
o Pretzels by New York Pretzel (Located throughout the Stadium)
o Sushi (Sect. 127A)
o Triple Play Grill, feat. sliders and fries (Sects. 116, 205, 321, 334)
o Turkey Hill Ice Cream (Sects. 112, 126, 207, 224, 313, 319, 324 and Bleachers)
o Wholly Guacamole, featuring “Build Your Own Nachos” (Sects. 233A, 314, 327 and Bleachers)
o Wings, featuring chicken wings (Sect. 109)
All fans can enjoy the peasant food! Hooray! (I’m just kidding. It’s fine and it’s edible.)
BEER/ALCOHOLIC DRINK LOCATIONS IN YANKEE STADIUM IN 2014 include:
o Beer Stands – Domestic (Sects. 106, 117A, 130, 205, 215, 216, 224, 229, 232B, 234, 307, 318, 323, 330, 332B)
o Beers of the World (Sects. 110, 134, 204, 206, 226, 233A, 237, 238, 315, 320C, 331)
o Blue Moon/Leinenkugel Beer Stand (Sects. 109, 314)
o Budweiser Beer Stands (Sects. 105, 117B, 121B, 127A, 202, 204, 235, 239, 308, 315, 328, 332A)
o Coors Light Beer Stand (Sect. 231)
o Goose Island Beer Stand (Great Hall and in the Bleachers at Section 239)
o Mohegan Sun Sports Bar is located behind the glass of the center field batter’s eye. Beers and mixed drinks are available.
o Tommy Bahama Marlin Bar, located in between the 100 and 200 Levels off the escalators by the home plate team store, features a revamped specialty drinks menu and lounge seating.
The “Beers of the World” stands are the ones that get made fun of by beer snobs, right? Because their idea of craft beer is not exactly craft beer. Whatever. If it gets me tipsy, I’m all for it.
BEERS AVAILABLE AT YANKEE STADIUM IN 2014:
Draft beers include: Budweiser, Bud Light, Batch 19, Becks, Blue Moon, Blue Moon Seasonal, Coors Light, Corona Light, Dos Equis, Goose Island, Goose Island 312, Goose Island Honkers, Guinness, Heineken, Heineken Light, Hoegaarden, Kirin Ichiban, Leinenkugel, Miller Lite, Modelo, Newcastle, Redds Apple Ale, Shock Top, Smithwick’s, Stella Artois and Yuengling.
Glass-bottled beers include: Bud Black Crown, Bud Light Lime, Bud Light Platinum, Amstel, Becks, Blue Moon, Coors Light, Corona Light, Dos Equis, Guinness Black Lager, Heineken, Heineken Light, Hoegaarden, Magic Hat #9, Miller Lite, O’Doul’s, Presidente, Red Bridge, Stella Artois and Yuengling.
Can beers include: Budweiser, Bud Light, Bud Lime-A-Rita, Bud Mango-Rita, Leinenkugel, Michelob Ultra, Miller Lite, O’Doul’s, Redds Apple Ale, Shock Top, Shock Top Apple, Shock Top Lemonade, Stella Artois and Yuengling.
Plastic-bottled beers include: Budweiser, Bud Light and Michelob Ultra.
IT’S NOT CRAFTY ENOUGH!
Have a nice night.