I’m not sure who came up with the four day All-Star break but I’d like to smack them with something. Not too hard but hard enough for them to know that I hate it. And while I’m sure it’s great for the players to have that extra day, it is torture for me and for many others.
This extra day is slow, laborious and have I mentioned it’s torture? I mean, sure, there are minor league games but – and no offense to the people who play in them and watch them – I prefer to watch the big boys.
Anyway with that said, here is a list of things you can do while you wait for this break to come to a merciful end:
- Crochet something.
- Bake a cake.
- Read a book!
- Take a walk (weather permitted, of course).
- See a movie!
- Set up a brand new cellphone! Okay, fine, everyone can’t do this but I did it today. I switched from the Samsung S-3 to the LG G3. I apparently like phones with 3 in the name.
- Peruse some of the articles in which some writers are still complaining about Derek Jeter and the All-Star game.
- Clean out your closet.
- Listen to music and sing along to it.
- Binge watch something on Netflix.
- Watch old DVR’d baseball games!
Let me know in the comments how you’re getting through today.