A little something to ponder on this Friday afternoon. If a Yanks-Sox series takes place in August and no one is around to care about it, does it really happen? Now onto the links!
- On Thursday, Greg Corcoran of Bronx Baseball daily offered up his list of “not top 50 prospects” as a capper to his midseason top 50 list.
- Vizzin of NoMaas compared the deadline strategies of the Yankees and Red Sox to show how the Sox are taking the Yanks to school. I’m a big Cash supporter, you guys know that by now, but my man crush on Cherington is growing by the minute.
- Andrew Mearns of Pinstripe Alley examined the financial impact of the trade deadline acquisitions.
- Dave Schoenfield of Sweet Spot handed out his picks for deadline winners and losers.
- On Friday, William Juliano of The Captain’s Blog touched on the possibility of this year’s deadline additions returning dividends in 2015.
- SG of RLYW ran the projections to see how much the Yanks improved their offense with their deadline moves. Even a slight improvement is better than nothing, right?
- From the IIATMS crew, William Tasker took a look back yesterday at Al Downings and his early nasty days in a Yankee uniform.
- Katie Sharp explained why everybody should be on board with the Stephen Drew trade.
- And Dom and Stacey dished the latest IIATMS podcast in which they answered any and all questions from you, our loyal readers. If you haven’t already checked it out, right that wrong and do it now before you get caught up in weekend activities.
- From the non-baseball and non-Yankee realm, Will Gordon of Deadspin collected and listed the 18 most overrated beers on the market on Monday. I completely agreed with 4 of them and completely disagreed with 4 of them.
A little bit of tuneage for your Friday afternoon, some sweet sounds from Them Crooked Vultures. A little Zep, a little Foo, and a little QOTSA. Nothing better.
Enjoy your weekends, everybody.