The girlfriend and I officially start our “moving in together” process this weekend. I’ve become a pretty lazy person in my mid-to-late 20s and it’s going to be hot, muggy, and possibly raining at times, so needless to say I’m not expecting it to be a fun weekend. At least I can chalk it up as 2 days of me approximating a workout and doing something productive with my time. Because next Saturday I am turning off my entire life and posting up hard on the couch for college football opening weekend. That’s a must. Now onto the links!
- On Monday, Mike Petriello dug into some finer details of Brian McCann’s depressing offensive season and offered some harrowing suggestions for what his future holds.
- Chad Jennings of LoHud broke down the areas of roster need and the candidates to get call ups to fill them as September roster expansions approach.
- On Tuesday, Larry Fleisher of Metro Sports told the tale of Shane Greene’s atypical path to the Major Leagues.
- Nick Peruffo of Minor Matters got Brian Cashman’s thoughts on a number of Yankee prospects.
- On Wednesday, Andrew Mearns of Pinstripe Alley wondered why Graig Nettles doesn’t have a plaque in Monument Park and made a case for why he deserves one.
- SJK of NoMaas correctly called out ownership for their lame attempts at keeping the “championship-caliber” talking point going over the last 2 years.
- On Thursday, el duque of It Is High… listed a few big milestones that some Yankee players are approaching late in the season.
- Mike Axisa of RAB laid out the reasons for why a 6-man rotation the rest of the way would be a good idea.
- Chris Mitchell of Pinstripe Pundits started to project Jacob Lindgren and predict when he could be called up to start contributing.
- On Friday, Scott Spratt and Mark Simon of Sweet Spot analyzed 1 day’s worth of shifts in MLB to see what they could find.
From the IIATMS team:
- On Monday, Matt Bove mused on Brian Cashman’s job performance and status in light of another down season.
- On Tuesday, Katie Sharp broke down the big boost the defense has gotten from the deadline acquisitions.
- On Wednesday, William Tasker looked back at the 1994 season and what could have been for some of the players and the former manager had the season not been halted by the strike.
- And I tried to make sense of Brian McCann’s gargantuan reverse platoon split this season.
Going a little old school for this week’s Friday jam with some Tom Petty. This song is one of the first songs I remember remembering. I have vague memories of me dancing around to this at 3 or 4 years old in my parents’ Delaware living room. It’s one of those songs that will always be ingrained in my mind and I’ll always like. And to be honest, how could you not like a song with a guitar riff like that? It’s timeless.
Enjoy your weekends, everybody.