Yankee starters not receiving ANY voting points:
- ARod (well, he got 2 points, but that’s nearly shutout)
- Mo (seems they only use starters, otherwise he’s probably on the list)
Vazquez (9 pts) and Pettitte (7 pts) were at least mentioned in the pitchers group.
- I appointed a panel of experts to vote. We have a panel of ten experts, plus three “tie-breaker” ballots.
- We rate everybody in one group. The Gold Glove vote is divided into National League and American League. We make ours different by putting everybody together. Is playing shortstop in the American League one thing, and playing shortstop in the National League a different thing, or is it really very much the same? It’s very much the same—thus, it’s better to treat it as if it were the same.
- We use a ten-man ballot. We use a ten-man ballot (I’m referring to the players listed, not the panel of experts).