Yesterday was a busy day for me, so here are the bullet points on how things went down on the farm.
- The RailRiders used a big first inning to take care of business. Dan Johnson hit a RBI single to right and Randy Ruiz followed with a three-run homer to give Scranton a 4-0 lead.
- The Mud Hens scored their first and only run in the top of the fifth on a single by Avisail Garcia.
- Adonis Garcia, Johnson and Ruiz each went 1-3 with a run scored. Ruiz’s homer was Scranton’s lone extra base hit.
- Ronnier Mustelier went 1-4 with a run scored.
- Brett Marshall made the start and pitched a very strong eight innings, allowing one run on five hits and a walk. He struck out two.
- Dellin Betances got the save, but walked two batters in his inning of work and did not strike out anyone.
- The Thunder scored first, when Slade Heathcott tripled in Reegie Corona in the bottom of the first.