Some minor league links to note.
- Josh Norris has the minor league rosters thusfar. No huge surprises from what I saw skimming through. He has also been posting some video footage from minor league spring trainin.
- Yesterday Rafael Depaula made his first pitching appearance in America, throwing a simulated game. It sounds like he was pretty nervous, though he threw a pretty nasty curveball. Norris also has some video of Depaula.
- Larry wrote earlier about how Frank McCourt seems to have made a ridiculous amount of money after almost destroying one of baseball’s great historical franchises. Yankees fans may be interested to know that Peter Gruber, CEO of Mandalay Entertainment Group is part of the group buying the Dodgers. Mandalay Baseball Properties manages both the Empire State Yankees and the Staten Island Yankees. In fact, a couple weeks ago they were called out by the Lackawanna County Commissioner to change how they have operated when the team returns to Scranton next season.
- Now for something completely different… The Charleston RiverDogs Twitter account retweeted a link to this article about their new sausage selection at the park this year. So if their exciting roster isn’t enough to get you to Charleston, who has been known for their concessions already, perhaps some duck sausage and the new wine garden will.
- Russell Branyan has been released and resigned to another minor league contract by the Yankees.