Bill must have taken an open book test? Heh. Here are the questions with the answers:
Ten Years Ago
- In the 2004 opener, the Yankees played the Tampa Bay Devil Rays in Tokyo, Japan. Who was the only Japanese player to play in the game? An easy one to start with, right? – Hideki Matsui
- Which Yankee pitcher was the Opening Day starter and lost? – Mike Mussina.
- What former Yankee player went three for three for the Devil Rays including a double and homer? – Tino Martinez. Oh Tino, how could you do that to us?
Twenty Years Ago
- 1994 was the year that ended with shame, wasting a great Yankee team that could have gone far in the post season. On Opening Day of that season, what Yankee pitcher–who would end up with a winning percentage over .800 for the season–got the win? – Jimmy Key. He went 17-4 that season.
- What Yankee pitcher got the save?