If you have not read this article by Daniel Barbarisi this morning, it is well worth a look. The article is all about how Joe Girardi gives all his players nicknames. You will want to read it just to figure out why Dean Anna is called, “Raccoon.” The article received a lot of traction in our staff e-mails this morning and I decided to play this Girardi name game for our staff generals and soldiers. Here is what I came up with.
Some of them are not real original, but then again, some of Girardi’s are either. “Jeets,” is rather bland is it not? Therefore Stacey Gotsulias simply becomes, “Gots.” Without further ado, here are the rest of our staff in Girardi form:
- Jason Rosenberg = “Skip.” I’d call him, “Rosie,” but I like writing here.
- Larry Koestler = “Coast.”
- Moshe Mandel = “Mosh.”
- Brien Jackson = “Jackie.”
- We’ll just call Michael Eder, “E.”
- Tamar Chalker = “Tam.”
- E.J. Fagan already has one in, “EJ.”
- Brad Vietrogoski = “Veet.”
- Domenic Lanza = “Major,” as in Major Domo.