Wouldn’t it be great in the second half if:
- All we had to talk about was C.C. Sabathia‘s weight instead of his pitching?
- Derek Jeter could finish the season over .300? Batting average is pretty meaningless in the grand scheme of things. But it is nice to look at.
- Alex Rodriguez got hot at some point to shut his critics up and put some more oomph in the middle of the lineup?
- Phil Hughes could continue to pitch well and we could actually breathe during one of his outings?
- Either Joba Chamberlain and/or David Aardsma return to the majors after long rehabs to give some depth to Girardi’s deck of cards bullpen?
- Ivan Nova could win 20 games and really confound those who say that he wins because of run support?
- Curtis Granderson could cut down on his strikeouts?
- Russell Martin could hit .250 in the second half?
- Rafael Soriano could untuck his shirt for another 30 times?
- Mark Teixeira would have more at bats as a right-handed batter in the second half than vice-versa?