While we wait impatiently for the season to really start, I figured we could play a little game of trivia concerning Yankee Opening Days through the years. You are on your honor system for not cheating (All you B-R searchers) and the answers will be posted tomorrow:
Ten Years Ago
- In the 2004 opener, the Yankees played the Tampa Bay Devil Rays in Tokyo, Japan. Who was the only Japanese player to play in the game? An easy one to start with, right?
- Which Yankee pitcher was the Opening Day starter and lost?
- What former Yankee player went three for three for the Devil Rays including a double and homer?
Twenty Years Ago
- 1994 was the year that ended with shame, wasting a great Yankee team that could have gone far in the post season. On Opening Day of that season, what Yankee pitcher–who would end up with a winning percentage over .800 for the season–got the win?
- What Yankee pitcher got the save?