The wait between a Saturday afternoon game and a Sunday night game feels long and arduous. So to remedy that, we’re putting up an open thread for you.
To get the discussion going, I’m going to link some articles but as always, feel free to talk about whatever is on your mind.
- Nathan Eovaldi handled his first start in Fenway Park just fine.
- Alex Rodriguez isn’t a monster and his teammates actually like him. Go figure.
- Pedro Martinez is impressed by Dellin Betances. Aren’t we all?
- Martinez also admitted that when he hit a batter, it was 90 percent intentional. Everyone who watched him pitch collectively said, “Duh.”
- Ivan Nova pitched in his first game since his elbow surgery. It went well.
- The Yankees won’t pay A-Rod’s bonus for home run #660.
- More on Dellin Betances from Bob Klapisch. He admits he was wrong about a few things. Other writers should do the same. *cough*Joel Sherman*cough*
- In case you missed it earlier this week, the New York Times ran a piece about the oldest living Yankee, Rinaldo Ardizoia.