Need to go with the bullet point version today – it was a busy night yesterday and I expect a hectic day at the office today, so here goes…
- Norfolk took an early lead with a run in the bottom of the third. Dan Johnson tied the game with a solo homer in the fourth for the RailRiders.
- Addison Maruszak doubled to start the fifth and scored on a sac fly by Alberto Gonzalez.
- The Yankees got some insurance runs in the top of the eighth, when Ronnier Mustelier hit a three run homer for the 5-1 win.
- No one in the RailRiders’ lineup had more than one hit. Mustelier and Johnson both went 1-4 with homers. Maruszak went 1-3 with a double and a walk. Melky Mesa went 1-5 with a run scored, three stolen bases and three Ks.
- Caleb Cotham made the start, giving up one unearned run on six hits. He did not walk anyone and he struck out five.