Happy Saturday, Yankee fans. Here's some news and notes for you. First up, today's lineup against the Tigers:
Gardner CF Ichiro RF Cano 2B Teixeira 1B Youkilis 3B Hafner DH Diaz LF Nix SS Stewart C
The pitchers also scheduled to pitch in today's game are: Rapada, Aardsma, Kelley, Montgomery, Daley and Rondon. Out of that list I'm most interested in seeing Aardsma, Kelley and Montgomery. Aardsma because he's coming back from his arm surgery, Kelley because he's the new guy and Montgomery because I want to see what the fuss is about.
And here are some links about the Yankees for you to peruse this morning:
- In this piece by Mark Feinsand of the New York Daily News, it seems some Yankee fans are still not ready to accept Kevin Youkilis into their Yankee fan arms. My advice to them is to get over it and stop acting like petulant children.
- George King of the New York Post writes about Eduardo Nunez and his new arm motion. The Yankees realized something needed to change and that it wasn't his range, it was his throwing arm. Well, yes.
- More Nunez, he tweeted this message late last night: "God bless me on this new season so I can show people that talk bad about me that they are wrong!" Take that, haters.
- Phil Hughes may throw as soon as tomorrow and may be back and pitching by March 14. Hooray!
- Dave D'Alessandro of the Star-Ledger writes about Robinson Cano's 2013 and the expectations Cano will be facing as he inches toward his new contract.