Good morning, Yankee fans. Today is an off day but luckily for us, the Yankees won last night so at least it's a pleasant off day and we're not stewing over a loss because those off days are the worst. Just in case you missed it, Jason updated his Yankees on DL payroll chart and, of course, it rightly spread around the Internet like wildfire.
Friend of the blog, Barry Petchesky of Deadspin linked to it. Another FOtB, Craig Calcaterra of Hardball Talk, mentioned it in his "And That Happened" post and also spotlighted one of our prolific readers ufy1950 with a post of his own about a comment he made pointing out the payroll of last night's starting lineup.
Good work, ufy! And a big thanks to both Barry and Craig for the shout outs.
- It's penthouse on the 17th floor of the building located at 111 Central Park North.
- It has six bedrooms and six and a half baths.
- It's worth $9M but Ichiro is renting it for $23,500 a month.
- My first salary out of college was $22,000 a year way back in the late 1990's.
- Apparently, both Derek Jeter and Alex Rodriguez took a look at the place before Ichiro scooped it up.
Hey, Ichi, if you need a roommate, let me know. Thanks.
Our friends over at the Pinstriped Bible on SB Nation introduced a new writer to their staff and Brian Stramaglia got things started off right by revisiting the 1993 Yankees. I have a special place in my heart for that team because I went to a lot of games that season. It was the first year I was able to do that without relying on my family so it was a fun look back for me.
So far on IIATMS today:
- Tamar recapped the Minors in her Farm Report very early this morning or late last night, depending on what time you fell asleep.
- Brad wants to know who's to blame for the Youkilis mess.
- William takes a look back at Bobby Murcer - WPA Hero (Win Probability Added). Read it, it's worth it.
Be sure to follow us at @IIATMS on Twitter, to like our Facebook page and you can follow our writers individually on Twitter as well: @FlagrantFan, @jeterian, @mbonzo31, @mimbro1, @DomenicLanza, @Brien_Jackson, @Jason_IIATMS, @ejfagan and @StaceGots.
One last thing, here's a link to the song of the day:
I chose The Hitman by AB Logic which came out in 1992 but was played a lot in subsequent years whenever Don Mattingly got a big hit. The Stadium DJ still occasionally plays it and when he does, it's like I'm back in 1993 again.
Enjoy the off day!