Here are some articles and other links for you to peruse from around Yankeeland and MLB:
- Masahiro Tanaka is very surprised by the attention he's getting. (Is he really?)
- 10 years ago today, Alex Rodriguez became a New York Yankee. Joel Sherman of the New York Post has a great piece about the long, strange trip it has been.
- Speaking of A-Rod, ESPN has produced a 30 for 30 on the aborted Rangers-Red Sox trade that almost changed history. As we all know the Yankees swooped in and grabbed him.
- Another piece on A-Rod, the Yankees and Red Sox was written for Grantland by Rany Jazayerli. It looks at how life would have been if the Red Sox had been the ones to pull off the trade in 2004.
- Ryan Dempster, who provided me with one of my favorite non-Moments of 2013, will not be pitching in 2014. You all know the moment but in case you need a reminder, click here.) This will free up $13.25M for the Red Sox which means they could either sign Stephen Drew or possibly an unsigned veteran.
(I honestly didn't mean to turn that into an A-Rod extravaganza.)
Some links from Tampa (gathered from various tweets by beat writers and Yankees PR):
- Here are the pitchers working on their fielding.
- Mark Teixeira takes BP. Video provided by Mark Feinsand.
- A shot by Chad Jennings of Lohud of the media covering Tanaka.
- Tex taking grounders. Picture by Erik Boland of Newsday.
- The relievers are working in the bullpen. Video provided by Mark Feinsand.