Let's have some fun with numbers tonight, shall we?
- The Yankees scored four runs in the fourth, thanks to a three-run home run by Yangervis Solarte. It was second of the year.
- Masahiro Tanaka won his fifth game of the season and is now 5-0.
- David Robertson now has six saves in six tries.
- Tanaka has not lost in 41 regular season starts dating back to August 2012.
- Robertson gave up a solo shot to former teammate Mark Reynolds but also struck out three to pick up the save.
- Carlos Beltran and Brian Roberts each hit a double.
- Ichiro Suzuki, who came in to pinch run for Beltran in the eighth after the double, stole third and later scored on a Mark Teixeira groundout.
- Tanaka batted three times and struck out three times.
- Solarte leads the team with 18 RBI.
- The Yankees are now riding a three-game winning streak since dropping their first game in Anaheim on Monday night.
Tomorrow CC Sabathia will be facing his former team and looking for his fourth win of the season.