No time for pleasantries this week. Gotta keep the move going if I'm going to spend all day on the couch tomorrow. - On Monday, el duque of It Is High... lamented the decision to trade for Martin Prado rather than sign Rusney Castillo. That's actually a pretty good point. I'd much rather have Castillo.
- On Tuesday, William Juliano of The Captain's Blog investigated whether spending big was still the smart organizational strategy in today's parity-based MLB landscape.
- On Wednesday, Mike Axisa of RAB explained how and why the Yankees are at their best with Derek Jeter at DH instead of shortstop.
- Chris Mitchell of PInstripe Pundits wondered if Francisco Cervelli had a future with the Yankees beyond the rest of this season.
- On Thursday, Chad Jennings had some video of Masahiro Tanaka's latest sim game.
- Today, Jason Cohen of Pinstripe Alley astutely pointed out that Francisco Cervelli is often at fault for the injuries he's suffered.
- Greg Corcoran of Bronx Baseball Daily released his top 5 first base prospect rankings. Not a very deep list at all.
From the IIATMS crew:
- On Tuesday, I dissected Michael Pineda's slider usage in his big start against Kansas City on Monday.
- Today, Katie Sharp discussed the great success that Joe and the Yankees have had using baseball's new replay/challenge system.
I leave you with a real hidden gem of the rock scene and their new song. It's called "Regulus" and the band is called Lo-Pan. I can't stress enough how much you need to check this band out. They have 2 previous albums and a third coming out in October. Pretty cool dudes too.
Enjoy your weekends, everybody.