Big week in the Yankosphere, lotta good stuff out there. Let's get right to it. - On Tuesday, SJK of NoMaas was saddened by Derek Jeter's dip below the positive WAR line. I think that's a feeling all of us have in some way, regardless of how we feel about his farewell tour.
- Andrew Mearns of Pinstripe Alley watched the Trenton Thunder in person on 8/29 and offered up some firsthand scouting reports on Luis Severino and some other top prospects.
- On Wednesday, Bryan Brunati of Pinstripe Alley wondered who would get the ball in the event the Yankees make it to the 1-game Wild Card playoff.
- On Thursday, Chris Mitchell of Pinstripe Pundits compared some key numbers from last year to this year to show how Stephen Drew hasn't been as bad as some are making him out to be.
- Jed Weisberger of Pinstriped Prospects rattled off the list of good performances in the Yankee farm system this season, effectively silencing those who say the system is "depleted".
- Chad Jennings of LoHud had some quotes from Ivan Nova as he begins his rehab program from TJS.
- On Friday, Daniel Burch of The Greedy Pinstripes started looking ahead to next year's rotation and the options the Yankees will have to consider.
- El duque of It Is High... riffed on the possible reasons for why Cash is looking at another multi-year contract extension.
- Joe Pawlikowski of RAB sorted through the biggest questions related to the potential Cash extension.
From the IIATMS team:
- On Tuesday, Katie discussed how the Yankees' ability to outperform their run differential may actually be driving them towards a historic accomplishment.
- On Wednesday, I broke down how Shane Greene's fastball command deserted and buried him on Tuesday night.
- And Stacey and Dom released the long awaited newest installment of the IIATMS podcast.
I'm going with Sabbath for this week's Friday jam. I don't think I really need a reason to play Sabbath.
Enjoy your weekends, everybody.