I've smashed my left elbow like 2 or 3 times this week. On a doorknob, a door frame, and a high island desk in the span of maybe 2.5 days. I have no explanation for why this has happened, but it has left my elbow in some discomfort. To deal with it, I've started pretending I'm a left-handed MLB starting pitcher and the soreness is from a long season's workload. It's stiff, hurts to move, and I'm probably pitching with something torn in it, but my team's in the Wild Card race and I have to keep gutting it out and going out there every 5 days for them. Also I'm an adult. Now onto the links! - On Tuesday, SJK of NoMaas released their nominees for 2014 Yankee quote of the year. I gotta say, that's a tough pair of quotes to pick from.
- On Wednesday, el duque of It Is High... used a small, surely unnoticed moment in Tuesday night's bench clearing session as a reminder that we might not be seeing anymore of Hiroki Kuroda after this season and we should be showing him some love as well.
- Chris Mitchell of Pinstripe Alley projected whether Brian McCann and Carlos Beltran are due for bounceback seasons in 2015. That'd be nice.
- Dave Schoenfield of ESPN's SweetSpot ran through the options for potential Wild Card pitching matchups. That's also nice to be a part of.
- On Thursday, Derek Albin of Pinstripe Pundits examined the ball in play data to see if Chase Headley is capable of more hitting in Yankee Stadium, and whether that makes it worth bringing him back for 2015.
- Greg Corcoran of Bronx Baseball Daily released the latest top prospect list in his position-by-position series, the top 6 third basemen.
- Mike Axisa of RAB got a head start on the Yankees' 2015 to-do list.
- Chad Jennings of LoHud got some thoughts from Joe and The Captain himself on Jeter's final homestand.
From the IIATMS team:
- On Tuesday, Katie Sharp discussed the Yankees' lack of a traditional "superstar" player and how that's tied to their overall offensive malaise.
- On Wednesday, I profiled Jose Pirela and touched on the small opportunity he has to create a future role for himself.
- And William Tasker mused on Kevin Long's connection to the horrible offense, how much blame he deserves for that, and whether he'll be the one to take the fall for it this coming offseason.
Got a little Baroness on tap today. Song's titled "A Horse Called Golgotha". Enjoy.
Enjoy your weekends, everybody.