So how's everybody's energy level today after last night's theatrics. Imagine if the game would have been delayed by rain to get to that ending? I won't be paying attention to the Yanks-Sox series at all this weekend. It's like the random 90-something seconds of dead air before you get to the last secret track on a great album. Instead I'll be celebrating the girlfriend's birthday tonight and attending my last wedding of 2014 tomorrow. Hope you all have some good plans for your weekends as well. Now onto the links! - On Monday, Mike Axisa of RAB broke down Masahiro Tanaka's first start back from the DL and all the positive signs there were in the outing.
- On Tuesday, Daniel Burch of The Greedy Pinstripes mentioned a recent success story as a reason to be optimistic about the future of Tanaka's elbow.
- SG of RLYW brought up the idea of J.J. Hardy as the next Yankee shortstop and what it might take to sign him in the offseason.
- On Wednesday, Chris Mitchell of Pinstripe Pundits ran through Derek Jeter's top 5 postseason games of all time.
- Jason Cohen of Pinstripe Alley mused on Mark Teixeira's string of head-scratching comments to the media. Maybe that "Foul Territory" skit isn't an act. Maybe Teix really is a simpleton.
- Chad Jennings of LoHud got Joe Girardi's thoughts on batting Jeter second all season and how it affected or didn't affect the team.
- On Friday, Jennings had a collection of the best photos from last night.
- El duque of It Is High... issued his personal tribute to Jeter's career.
- Barry Petchesky of Deadspin, friend of IIATMS, wrote his as well. If you're a mid-20s-mid-30s Yankee fan like I am, this is probably the best and most appropriate Jeter tribute you'll read. Fair to all sides of the Jeter argument and with an easily-relatable personal touch.
From the IIATMS team:
- On Tuesday, Katie Sharp compiled and reviewed her favorite Derek Jeter statistics.
- I took a very early stab at projecting the 2015 roster from the players who we know will still be around. Fair warning if you haven't already seen it, it ain't pretty.
- On Thursday, Daniel Marcus profiled bleacher creature leader Bald Vinny and the history he's had with Jeter and the now famous Yankee Stadium roll call.
I'm a sucker for personal nostalgia, so I'm sending my favorite ballplayer out with a tune from my favorite band. I'm sure Jeter appreciates the gesture.
Enjoy your weekends, everybody.