Caught my first cold of the year on Wednesday. That's way early for me. Definitely not a good sign. Whatever. Gives me an easy excuse to spend all weekend on the couch watching football. Now onto the links! - On Monday, SJK of NoMaas wondered if there was something impairing Cash's judgment when it came to Beltran and Teixeira.
- On Wednesday, Derek Albin of Pinstripe Pundits compared Dellin Betances' 2014 season to Mo's 1996 to see who had the better year.
- El duque of It Is High... revealed his 11-point plan for next season.
- Mike Axisa of RAB began the always-fun process of looking at next year's payroll. I don't care what the final number is next year. I just want a greater return on investment.
- On Thursday, Bryan Brunati of Pinstripe Alley mused on which big contract player the Yankees could trade before his deal is up.
- On Friday, Chad Jennings of LoHud previewed the upcoming 40-man roster flexibility the Yankees can create heading into the offseason.
- Delia Enriquez profiled some of the top options to replace Derek Jeter at shortstop next season.
- Craig Calcaterra of Hardball Talk skewered Mike Lupica for flip-flopping on Jeter now that he's no longer playing and venturing into the media world.
From the IIATMS team:
- On Tuesday, Domenic inspired some good debate with the list of upcoming Yankee free agents.
- I looked at Mark Teixeira's weak finish to the season as the sign that he's done being an effective everyday player.
Got some Alice In Chains this week. Haven't played them in a while.
Enjoy your weekends, everybody.