My car has one of those electronic gas tanks that tells you how many more miles you're capable of traveling with what's left in there. Pretty fancy stuff, I know. Since completing the move, I've been logging more miles to and from work and I'm going through a tank of gas much faster than I used to. I've also started a new thing where when I get down to a quarter tank or less, I pretend I'm a NASCAR driver and try to conserve fuel, saving as much as I can to get the most out of what's left. I coast up to stop signs and red lights, I try to be easy on the brake, and I don't accelerate any more aggressively than I have to. I'm also staring at the mileage display the whole time I'm doing this, so if you're ever out in the Milwaukee area, there's a good chance I'll crash my car into you. Now onto the links! - On Monday, Vizzini of NoMaas peered ahead at 2015 and predicted more of what we've seen the last 2 years.
- On Tuesday, Mike Axisa of RAB reviewed Alfonso Soriano's disastrous final year in pinstripes.
- El duque of It Is High made his case for why the Yankees should not re-sign Chase Headley.
- On Wednesday, John Beck of Pinstripe Alley lamented the current qualifying offer system and the double-sided nothingness it often leads to in the free agent process.
- Chad Jennings of LoHud mused on the D-Rob situation and the bullpen depth behind him in the event he leaves for greener pastures via free agency.
- On Thursday, William Juliano of The Captain's Blog examined the recent attendance and TV rating trends to see what they say about the team's current strategies.
- Derek Albin of Pinstripe Pundits used postseason performance as a factor in a new calculation to determine the greatest Yankees of all-time.
- On Friday, SG of RLYW commented on the D-Rob contract and the dollars he'd be willing to plunk down to keep him.
From the IIATMS team:
- On Wednesday, Dom broke down the potential second base market and concluded that Martin Prado was the best man for the job.
- I pointed out the advantage in guys like Headley and Brandon McCarthy expressing interest in returning to the Yankees next season and advocated for the Yankees using that advantage.
More new Lo-Pan this week, as the new album officially dropped on Tuesday. I've listened to it a handful of times already and I can tell you for a 100% fact that it's the best album I've heard this month.
Enjoy your weekends, everybody.