The guy who cuts my hair is from New York. I've been going to him for a while, mainly because I was still a snotty tri-stater when I moved out to Wisconsin and felt much more comfortable letting a fellow tri-state member handle my hair than a mouth-breathing midwesterner. It really doesn't make a difference because I get my head buzzed, but that's neither here nor there. The point is I've been a regular customer of his for years now, and because of this he usually hooks me up with a beer or 2 or a free hair wash or whatever when I come in. And I gotta tell you, there's a certain power move feeling that comes with strolling across an entire salon full of women getting their hair and nails done with a beer in hand to get a hair wash they know you're not paying for. For that handful of seconds, I'm the belle of the ball. I'm getting my hair cut after work this afternoon and I can guarantee you that feeling that feeling today will be the highlight of my week. That's right, ladies. You keep staring. Just a shaggy doofus in a Mastodon t-shirt plopping down for a wash and a hot towel. Do you want a beer too? Too bad, you can't have one. Now onto the links!
- On Monday, Chad Jennings discussed the state of the right field position in Yankeeland. It's one of many that needs its future determined soon.
- Zeke Fine of FanGraphs put together a detailed scouting report on GCL shortstop prospect Jorge Mateo. That's a name worth remembering if you haven't heard of Mateo before.
- Mike Axisa of RAB reviewed Michael Pineda's long-awaited debut season as a Yankee.
- On Wednesday, el duque of It Is High... had an interesting take on the top-heaviness of the Yankee front office and if that could be contributing to the team's recent problems.
- Andrew Mearns of Pinstripe Alley considered Alex Rios as a potential buy-low candidate for the Yankees this offseason. I'd pass.
- On Thursday, SJK of NoMaas questioned the puzzling statements by Cash on his team-building philosophy and how they do not align with statements he made years ago.
- Andrew Marchand of ESPN NY wondered if Brian McCann will rebound with the bat next year to match the all-around excellence he displayed defensively this season.
- On Friday, Daniel Burch of The Greedy Pinstripes pointed to the Royals' present situation as the reason why the Yankees should re-sign David Robertson.
From the IIATMS team:
- On Monday, new guy Scott Moss explained why Stephen Drew might actually be the Yankees' best shortstop option next season.
- On Tuesday, William charted his season-long hope percentage against the Yankees' playoff odds. 15% hope at game 129? William is a better man than I.
- On Thursday, I broke down Hiroki Kuroda's qualifying offer case. I know I'm in the minority, but I stand by my belief that the Yanks should make him the offer. Give me Kuroda AND McCarthy and I'll be comfortable knowing CC's entire knee could collapse in on itself at any minute.
I've been meaning to play some Rush for a while and I haven't done it, so that's what we're playing today. Hope nobody is stuck working too hard this afternoon.
Enjoy your weekends, everybody.