Good afternoon, everyone! Here are some links for you to look at maybe during a coffee break, during your commute home or if you are sneaky type like I usually am, you're looking at this while you should be working. Tsk tsk. Some of the stories are Yankee related, some are not but they're all about baseball and the occasional movie. You'll see.
- In not-so-shocking news, Wally Matthews is reporting that Chase Headley is a priority for the Yankees. Well, duh. No ones knows how A-Rod will play after a nearly 18-month absence from the baseball field. And that whole turning 40 during the season thing could also an issue. I turned 40 in August. It wasn't not pretty at all and I don't even play baseball. Anyway, the article quotes someone who isn't involved in the discussions between the Yankees and Headley so take it with a grain of salt or whatever that saying is. I, for one, would love to see Headley back with the Yankees but what do I know?
- Craig Calcaterra of Hardball Talk spoils Interstellar for everyone. Okay, not really, but sort of.
- In former Yankee news, the Braves signed Chien Ming-Wang to a minor league contract which includes an invite to Spring Training.
- In more former Yankee news, Raul Ibanez is on the "short" list of Tampa Bay Ray managerial candidates along with guys like Barry Larkin, Doug Glanville, Kevin Cash, and Craig Counsell. Yes, this is a real list, I'm not kidding.
- Joe Pawlikowski of River Avenue Blues shows us 12 charts explaining why Carlos Beltran's 2014 wasn't very good.
- In AL East news, Nick Markakis will be talking to other clubs now that talks between him and Baltimore have stalled. Would it be too much to ask for him to go to a National League team? I'm sick of him. Thanks.
- Eno Sarris of Fangraphs published a piece on Just a Bit Outside wondering if fouling off pitches was a skill. Brett Gardner is mentioned. What do you think? Is it a skill or is just coincidence?
I know Brad usually puts a link to a song in his week-end linkapalooza but I'm going to be different and post one here. It's called "That Fever" by Davidge Featuring Claire Tchaikowski. I heard it in an episode of The Affair and really liked it. I think it's dreamy.