If you actually go out for Black Friday, you're a dope. If you go out for Black Friday on Thanksgiving night, you're a certifiable lunatic and I'm absolutely judging you right now. if you're not out fighting the hordes and want to do something productive today like stare at a computer screen, here's a mini-Palooza from a holiday-shortened week in Yankeeland. - On Monday, SJK of NoMaas touched on the real problem with the big Red Sox signings- what they say about how far ahead of the Yanks Boston is when it comes to building and managing a big-budget roster. They're straight up leaving the Yankees in the dust.
- On Tuesday, William Juliano set the record straight on Joe DiMaggio's outfield greatness in response to the NY Daily News article that called him overrated.
- On Wednesday, el duque of It Is High... twisted his mind into a pretzel trying to figure out Hal's austerity plan.
- Mike Axisa of RAB pondered the possibility and look of a $500 million roster. If any team could conceivably do that, it's the Yankees. Well, except for that ever-changing austerity plan...
- Scott Davis of Pinstripe Alley wondered if Chris Young was going to be good enough as the new 4th outfielder.
From the IIATMS team:
- On Monday, Scott talked all things A-Rod's physical condition with a pro athletic trainer and bodybuilder. No, it wasn't me.
- On Wednesday, I questioned how much the Yankees really "need" Chase Headley.
Got Joe Walsh on tap for today's jam.
Enjoy your weekends, everybody.