The girlfriend bought me a few new pairs of jeans yesterday. My jeans rotation had gotten pretty short and pretty worn, so it was a long time coming. But I forgot how much wearing a brand new pair of jeans sucks. It's a nightmare. Everything's stiff, nothing feels right, nothing moves right when I move. It's been a nonstop battle today. If there was a way to pay extra to have jeans broken in for 3-4 weeks prior to me wearing them, I'd pay that in a heartbeat. Pre-worn jeans, that's the next wave of jean technology. Now onto the links! - On Tuesday, Chris Mitchell of Pinstripe Pundits looked at the bevy of outfielders on the 40-man roster and what might end up happening if roster space becomes an issue.
- On Wednesday, William Juliano of The Captain's Blog addressed Cash's deception to the media in respect to the D-Rob pursuit and what it might say about the shift in organizational focus.
- Daniel Burch of The Greedy Pinstripes made the case for signing Sergio Romo.
- Caitlin Rogers of Pinstripe Alley listed some reasons to be optimistic about the Yankees' present position. Nothing wrong with a little optimism.
- Andrew Marchand of ESPN NY discussed the possibility of the Yankees going with the kids (Pirela and Refsnyder) at second base next season. I'd prefer they not start with that, but I wouldn't hate it if they did.
- On Thursday, Vizzini of NoMaas praised the creativity of the Dodgers' moves and lamented the Yankees' inability to come close to doing anything like that.
- Joe Pawlikowski of RAB pondered the 2 paths the Yankees could take - spend or stand pat - to complete their roster now that the Winter Meetings are over.
- On Friday, Chad Jennings of LoHud had all the deets on Didi Gregorius' introductory conference call. Really hope he comes in and plays well right off the bat.
- El duque of It Is High... issued what I'm going to call praise to the Yankees for not doing anything too dumb at the Winter Meetings.
- SG of RLYW released the latest CAIRO projections for the 2015 Yankees based on their recent additions. Yeesh. If you guys think I'm depressing right now, you should check those numbers out.
From the IIATMS team:
- On Wednesday, I wondered whether it was time for the Yankees to circle back to Hiroki Kuroda. Reliable short-term help with no long-term commitment. What's not to like?
- Earlier today, Stacey released the latest edition of the IIATMS Podcast. I listened to the whole thing at work this morning and it's really good. A ton of different content thanks to all the reader/listener questions and a lot of great discussion by Stacey, Dom, and EJ. If you've been itching for another podcast, you'll definitely dig this.
Had "N.Y. State of Mind" come across the iPod this week. I always forget how much I love that song. One of the all-time great beats in rap history. I've never been a huge fan of his newer stuff, but way back Nas is ridiculous.
Enjoy your weekends, everybody.