Happy belated new year to everyone out there in the IIATMS universe. i certainly hope you all had safe and enjoyable times on NYE, and I really hope you've been able to do something today that was more fun than me trudging into my empty office to stare at a computer screen on which no emails were coming through because the rest of the working world was smart and took today off. It was another short week in the Yankosphere with the holiday and all, but there was still some good stuff out there. Now onto the links! - On Monday, David Schoenfield of ESPN dissected the HOF voting system and how flawed it's become. He also offers up a few suggestions on how to fix it.
- Andrew Mearns of Pinstripe Alley listed his top 10 worst free agent signings in Yankee history.
- On Wednesday, Chris Mitchell of Pinstripe Pundits explained his KATOH model for projecting future big league performance in MiL prospects and applied it to some of the top prospects in the game to show how it works. Really fascinating stuff.
- El duque of It Is High... rang in the new year by counting down the 5 worst moves of the 2014 Yankee season. I had just finished getting over a few of those too.
- On Thursday, Mike Axisa of RAB commented on the Yankees getting younger up the middle and how positively that reflects on the direction of the franchise.
- Chad Jennings of LoHud reviewed the 2014 season month-by-month as a way to ease into 2015.
From the IIATMS team:
- On Monday, Scott used statistical trends to show how Hirok electing to return to Japan may have been a blessing in disguise for the Yanks in 2015.
- On Tuesday, I commented on the commitment the front office has shown to getting younger this offseason.
- On Wednesday, Scott kicked off the new year by tallying up all the money Cash has saved so far this offseason and musing on how it could be spent if spending it is in the "new plan."
We start the new year in Friday Afternoon Linkapalooza music with "Crawl" by Kings of Leon. My parents are big into newer KOL and they played a bunch of it when we were driving from DC to Jersey on Christmas morning. It reminded me of how much I liked the "Only By The Night" album and how long I've been meaning to play this song.
Enjoy your weekends, everybody.