Hope everybody's first full week of 2015 was a pleasurable and successful one. It's been brutally cold in Wisconsin all week and I've been fighting a cold, so I'd say mine could have been better. It also could have been worse. Whatever, this intro blows. Onto the links. - On Monday, Daniel Burch of The Greedy Pinstripes wondered if a hard salary cap would actually benefit the Yankees. If the cap were on contract years and not dollars, that would definitely help.
- Michael Axisa of RAB detailed the change in approach that led to Chasen Shreve's breakout 2014 season. If it's sustainable, then Shreve becomes an even more intriguing bullpen piece.
- On Tuesday, Greg Corcoran of Bronx Baseball Daily profiled 19-year-old third baseman Drew Bridges as a potential breakout prospect candidate for the upcoming season.
- Doug Hall of Pinstripe Alley picked a handful of lesser known prospects to keep tabs on in 2015. I'm a big fan of his first choice and the third one is growing on me too.
- On Wednesday, Derek Albin of Pinstripe Pundits analyzed some statistical and BIP trends to see if Brian McCann is likely to rebound at the plate in 2015.
- Mike Axisa of RAB showed how pitching to Brian McCann could be a big help to Nathan Eovaldi. Dynamite week for Axisa this week. Lotta good stuff.
- On Thursday, Chad Jennings of LoHud recapped the major roster overhaul the Yankees have undergone in the last 15 months. I honestly never even stopped to consider how much turnover there's been.
- Brendan Kuty of The Star-Ledger had all the details on the Ty Hensley attack. Really scary stuff there. Multiple fractures and surgeries, lost teeth. The good news is that there was no brain or vision damage, so hopefully Hensley is able to make a full recovery. Nothing but bad luck for him since the minute he was drafted.
- On Friday, Michael Gwizdala of Bronx Pinstripes looked back at newly-elected HOFer Randy Johnson's time in pinstripes.
From the IIATMS team:
- On Monday, Scott made the case for why Max Scherzer and other top free agents like him are worth the long-term, big-money deals regardless of how little they contribute at the end of them.
- On Tuesday, Stacey and EJ released the latest edition of the IIATMS podcast. Lots of HOF talk and a pretty damn good rant by EJ.
- On Thursday, I discussed the impact the recent Yankee moves may have on A-Rod's playing time and the pretty obvious plan by the Yankees to try to keep him limited to only DH duty.
For your listening pleasure this afternoon, we have a selection from the short-lived 2008 side project One Day as a Lion. Hard to go wrong when you're mixing Rage and Queens.
Enjoy your weekends, everybody.