So I'm heading off to Germany again this Sunday for another fun week of work training. That means I won't be around for pitchers and catchers report day, which sucks, but hopefully I'll be back in time for Moncada's decision to sign with the Yankees (knock on wood). Y'all will be left in the capable hands of Stacey and the rest of the crack IIATMS staff, and we're hoping to roll out the final voting list for our Top Jeter-Era moments countdown next week. I hope you all have a wonderful next week in your personal, professional, and Yankee-centric lives, and I would consider it an honor if you'd do me the pleasure of shooting me a Twitter follow while I'm gone. Seeing those follower numbers go up would be a huge boost to my preciously fragile ego. Now onto the links! - On Tuesday, Derek Albin of Pinstripe Pundits reviewed the Yankees' organizational depth at shortstop. It's still pretty thin at the top, but the crop of talented prospects in A-ball and below is growing.
- Christopher Carelli of Yankees Unscripted touched on the value that Chase Headley's plate discipline and plus defense will bring to the lineup this year.
- On Wednesday, Jason Cohen of Pinstripe Alley looked way ahead to the list of potential trade deadline rotation targets.
- Chad Jennings of LoHud mused on A-Rod's standing with the fans and what kind of reaction his next milestone home run will trigger.
- On Thursday, Ben Lindsbergh of Grantland wrote a fascinating piece on the art of and newfound statistical focus on pitch framing. It included some of his firsthand personal stories from his time as a Yankee intern, so that's an added bonus.
- Michael Axisa of RAB discussed Gary Sanchez, the potential role his "long" prospect career may be playing in his decreased national value, and what that might mean for his future.
- On Friday, el duque of It Is High... made his final(?) plea to Hal to spend what it takes to land Yoan Moncada. I have to agree, even at 100 mil. They're already pot committed on the IFA over-spend strategy. Gotta keep it rolling.
- Delia Enriquez of Bronx Baseball Daily wondered if the Yanks should sign Brandon Beachy. Yes. The answer is yes.
From the IIATMS team:
- On Monday, I discussed the two-fold problem of health and production that could hinder Mark Teixeira and Carlos Beltran in 2015.
- On Tuesday, I analyzed the history of Nathan Eovaldi's changeup to see what he and Roth need to work on this spring. There's also the commenter-aided follow-up post from yesterday.
- On Thursday, EJ compiled our list of greatest Jeter-Era Yankee moments that we'll be whittling down to the eventual 15-20 best. We're going to have a lot of reader input on this, so if you haven't already, definitely check this out and let us know if there are any other great moments you think are missing.
Haven't played any Biggie on a while for the Friday jam. Let's correct that today, shall we?
Enjoy your weekends, everybody.