Big old batch of links this week. HYYYUUUUUUUUGE batch. I'd love to stay and chit-chat about them, but the girlfriend and I are hosting a beer tasting party tonight (I know, prettay prettay fancy) and I have to finish cleaning the house. Now onto the links. - On Tuesday, Daniel Burch of The Greedy Pinstripes explained why he isn't worried about this season. I won't go as far as saying I completely share that feeling, but I'm on board with most of it.
- Chad Jennings of LoHud had the full scoop on Luis Severino and Aaron Judge's big days in the ST opener, including Joe's takes on each of them and quotes from each player on how they were feeling.
- Christopher Carelli of Yankees Unscripted mused on the possibility of Adam Warren in the rotation.
- On Wednesday, Mike Axisa of RAB previewed the low bar that's been set this year for Stephen Drew, who coincidentally is quickly becoming public enemy #1 among fans this spring.
- On Thursday, Derek Albin mused on the idea of "retiring" the Yankees' captaincy post-Jeter in response to Cash's take on the issue. Definitely a dumb idea, but nothing wrong with giving it a few years before naming the next one.
- Greg Corcoran of Bronx Baseball Daily identified the 2 players who could become this year's Shane Greene and Dellin Betances.
- Wally Matthews of ESPN NY wrote about Carlos Beltran's return from the elbow injury that plagued him last year and how he's planning on getting through this season physically.
- El duque of It Is High... previewed this year's revamped middle infield and how it ties back to the team's failure to develop an adequate replacement for Derek Jeter.
- On Friday, Jason Cohen of Pinstripe Alley profiled shortstop prospect Abiatal Avelino. I got on the Avelino train after his 2013 season and I'm hoping he can bounce back and have a healthy 2015.
From the IIATMS team:
- On Wednesday, Stacey kicked off our "Top 20 Moments" countdown with a look back at the Clemens-Piazza bat throwing incident in the '00 Subway Series.
- On Thursday, Katie broke down how great a fit Garrett Jones is for Yankee Stadium and how that could translate to bigger than expected production from him this year.
- I envisioned the best case scenario for the starting rotation, in case you had only read the worst case one this morning and started to slip into a deep depression.
- On Friday, EJ unveiled moment #19 on the Top 20 countdown. It's a much happier one than 20, if you're too scared to scroll down the homepage.
Got the newest candidate for my always-expanding list of great potential reliever entrance songs on tap for this week's jam, a song called "Drawing Dead" by Dozer. The number of good Swedish rock bands that sound like Cali stoner rock bands and not even remotely Swedish is staggering. Such a weird niche thing.
Enjoy your weekends, everybody.