Nobody is actually going to read this today. I get that. But you might need something to read and kill time tomorrow morning before the next round of games starts, and that's where this baby will come in handy. We're a little more than 2 weeks from Opening Day. It's close, people. It's real close. Now onto the links! - On Monday, el duque of It Is High... took a look at how the group of recent former Yankees is doing this spring.
- On Wednesday, Mike Axisa of RAB previewed the season to be for Michael Pineda, who needs to have a healthy and productive season in 2015 to re-establish himself as a legitimate top-tier starter.
- Daniel Burch of The Greedy Pinstripes pondered the worst-case scenario for the Yankees this season, one that would surely leave a bad taste in everybody's mouth after Hal's latest comments.
- Delia Enriquez of Bronx Baseball Daily wondered who will and who should get the start on Opening Day.
- Jason Cohen of Pinstripe Alley put together his 2015 all-prospects Yankee team. Shocking that he didn't have Greg Bird at multiple positions.
- On Thursday, Derek Albin of Pinstripe Pundits mused on the appropriate level for Gary Sanchez to start the season based on his early reassignment to Double-A.
- Chad Jennings of LoHud broke down the groups of remaining position players in camp and the slim chances for the fringe guys to sneak into a roster spot.
- Wally Matthews of ESPN NY discussed Jose Pirela's unfortunate situation, the one in which he has performed incredibly well this spring and yet seems destined to lose out on a roster spot.
- Owen Watson of FanGraphs analyzed the relationship between average velocity and projected bullpen WAR, and how the Yankees rank high on the list in both categories.
From the IIATMS team:
- On Tuesday, Katie analyzed Nathan Eovaldi's struggles to put hitters away in 2-strike counts and pointed out a few things that can help turn that trend around this year.
- On Wednesday, Stacey gave her personal account of David Cone's perfect game for moment #11 in the IIATMS Top 20 Countdown.
Got some Local H for this week's jam. Haven't played them in a while.
Enjoy your weekends, everybody.