Good morning! Here's what's happening on the last Friday without regular season baseball until a long time from now:
- Mark Teixeira is healthy and happy about it. Let's hope it lasts all season.
- Joe Torre will be throwing out the first pitch on Opening Day.
- People are buying more Mets tickets than Yankees tickets so far. Yawn.
- Fun fact: Alex Rodriguez and LaTroy Hawkins are the only players left from the last work stoppage.
- Speaking of Alex: He's doing better than okay at first base and feels comfortable playing there.
Today is the Yankees' last game at Steinbrenner Field. They will travel to Washington, D.C. after the game to face the Nationals on Saturday afternoon in their last exhibition game of the Spring. Then they will be off on Sunday and the season (finally) opens on Monday afternoon against the Blue Jays.
It's almost here! We only a few more sleeps until the games finally count.