Here are some links for you to look at while you eat some lunch.
- Mike Axisa of River Avenue Blues writes that the biggest issue for Tanaka is trusting his elbow, not his fastball velocity which is pretty much the opposite of what everyone else has written this morning.
- Ken Davidoff of the New York Post writes about the fans' reception to A-Rod.
- From nj.com, here are Ryan Hatch's five reasons not to panic after Opening Day. Here are my five reasons: 1) It's Opening Day. 2) It's Opening Day. 3) It's Opening Day. 4) It's Opening Day. 5) It's Opening Day.
- The designated attention getter is back!
- Didi Gregorius made a pretty bad baserunner blunder in yesterday's game. Oops.
- John Harper of the Daily News is now an orthopedic surgeon and thinks Tanaka should have Tommy John surgery because of one iffy game.
- Mike Lupica wrote a negative article about the Yankees. The team on the field doesn't match the Stadium. It doesn't have a star, blah blah blah.
- Jon Heyman says that Gregorius doesn't look like Derek Jeter and he's right for many reasons but the main one reason is because Gregorius can get actually to balls to his left and up the middle and can throw to first without bouncing the ball. He also wrote about Tanaka's outing.
- Poor Ty Hensley.
- SHAMELESS SELF PROMOTION ALERT: I wrote an open letter to my late father for Opening Day. Too bad the Yankees didn't listen to me.
Here's the Yankees' hit chart for yesterday:
Let's hope things improve tomorrow night. Actually, let's hope the game is played tomorrow night. The weather looks iffy this week.