We've got Yanks-Sox this Sunday, so it seems like another obvious live tweet opportunity. But first I have to make it to Sunday night. The double whammy of the Bucks getting mollywhopped and the Rangers blowing Game 1 against the Caps in the final seconds took a lot out of me last night, and the rest of the playoff schedule, the Derby, and the fight on Saturday night could be enough to do me in. I've lost a lot of heat off my drinking/partying fastball in the last 12-18 months, like Sabathia levels of heat loss. I'm still trying to find my way as a partier with diminished stuff, so if I'm not around on Sunday night, you know why. If I am, it should be a fun time and another Yankee victory. 3-0 on the season. Now onto the links! - On Monday, Matt Appel of Pinstripe Alley ranked the 25-man roster after the first 3 weeks. There are some egregious mis-rankings in the bottom 10-12, but the top 10 is solid.
- On Tuesday, Christopher Carelli of Yankees Unscripted discussed the need for the rotation to step up a bit to support the dominant and hard-worked bullpen.
- Katie Sharp of RAB broke down how Dellin Betances regained his insanely dominant form from last season after a shaky start.
- El duque of It Is High... mused on the slow starts for Carlos Beltran and Stephen Drew and how long the Yankees should give them before cutting bait.
- On Wednesday, Derek Albin of Pinstripe Pundits touched on the variety of ways the Yankees can go about covering for the loss of Tanaka.
- On Thursday, Chad Jennings of LoHud got some thoughts (and quotes) from Joe on continuing to work in a 6th starter even with Tanaka out and the depth stretched a bit thinner.
- David Schoenfield of ESPN's Sweet Spot had A-Rod and Sexy Teixy at the top of his April surprises list.
From the IIATMS team:
- On Wednesday, William explained how the Yankees can get by without Tanaka if he really is only going to miss 1 month.
- On Thursday, a returning Jason aired his grievances with the ridiculous Monday Morning Doctoring of the Tanaka injury by way too many members of the media.
- Stacey dissected Alex Rodriguez's sizable daytime/nighttime splits and muses on what could be causing the split if it's not just sample size bias.
- Scott dug into the historical comparison realm to try to find reasons to be optimistic about CC Sabathia's ability to recover from his recent performance regression.
We're going back to the Alice In Chains well this afternoon. I heard "Rooster" for the first time in a few months yesterday. Don't know how I managed to not hear for that long. Love that song.
Enjoy your weekends, everybody.